The Basilisk attacks by using the Primary Attack button. It can also grab human players by making contact with them at close range. This freezes humans in place and, if they’re not wearing a Battle Suit, restricts their ability to turn. The Basilisk can also wallwalk; toggle it by pressing the Crouch (Default: C) button.
At stage two its advanced form becomes available: Advanced Basilisk.
- Basilisk plays a lot like a Dretch, so most of the strategies that apply to the dretch can also be used for the basilisk.
- Even though a Basilisk has three times more health then a dretch, it's still not quite capable to charge into a human like some other bigger aliens.
- Basilisk is the hardest class to play with, it takes a lot of time learn to using it properly. So, a basilisk is not a class you should evolve to if you are a beginner, it's better to save evolution points for some other classes. However, a well played basilisk can be far more deadly then a goon at stage 1.
- What makes a basilisk useful is his grabbing ability. When a human without a Battle Suit is grabbed with a basilisk it cannot move and his aim is very limited. Only if the basilisk makes a mistake, can the human be freed.
- Basilisk grab can be canceled by:
- Opening a console or using a chat command
- Moving the aim away from the target
- Getting killed or severely injured (because of the shaking of the screen)
- Moving out of the grab range
- Basilisk can also grab turrets, slowing them down.
- Humans can still shoot at the basilisk, even after they are grabbed, so it is recommended that a grab is initiated from behind or top.
- A basilisk can rarely kill a battle suit, because they can still turn even after the grab, so they can keep on shooting the target.
- Don't attempt to kill humans when they are in groups, unless they are wounded or if you can use the surroundings to your advantage.
- One of the worst enemy of the basilsik is his own team. Because of his size, it's hard to see him when going fast, also he can be pounced or charged by mistake. And if you grab someone and that there are aliens around, you have a chance of being teamkilled if someone wants to kill the grabbed human.
- But if you have good teammates/teamplay, you can also use your grab to make usefull things without killing. In example, grabbing a Battlesuit: a dragoon/tyrant will just have to come and slash him, since he can't dodge.
Basilisk Killing Strategies
- Move in groups. A basilisk can hardly kill more than one human at a time. If one gets grabbed, others should help him by shooting the basilisk.
- Try to keep the basilisk in front of you at all times. With other classes you may be tempted to dodge their pounces/charges/jumps ending with them behind you. Do not do this with basilisks, instead try backpedeling. Allowing a basilisk to get behind you is asking to be grabbed and killed.
- Even if you get grabbed, you can still try and use the following tactics to get free:
- Drop a grenade, most players will run when they see it fall, or at least you can take the basilisk with you if he stays
- Use the Lucifer Cannon to blow the basilisk away. It will probably hurt you, but there is a chance you might get freed from his grab. Flame Thrower can be used the same way at times.
- Basilisk can be heard when they walk. It's a faint sound, but it can be used to get prepared for them.