Abyss, by Odin
Release 4 is out!
Note: It is
a little dark. I figured it didn't matter anyway since everyone plays with an above-normal gamma value anyway. if you use a gamma of 1.2 or more(like pretty much everyone who's serious about Tremulous) then you should have no problem seeing anything.
I'm including the .map source inside the pk3 for anyone who wants to take a look.
I didn't get to do as much as I wanted with Abyss_a4 due to the glitch building bug so I had to cut the release short. There *may* be some speed issues with some of the rooms(I'm working on it). I may not get much work done on Abyss until after the Tremcentral Mapping Contest
. Anyway, here's the changelog.
Release 4 changelog:
1. Cleaned up some brushwork.
2. A little bit more aggressive VIS hinting.
3. Enabled specular lighting on all map surfaces(disable with r_detailtextures 0).
4. Removed lift and replaced it with stairs.
5. Fixed lighting issues in some rooms.
6. Fixed epic glitchbuilding issue.
map by OdinGet it here.
barrel models by Overflow
textures from maps uncreation and nexus6
lava sound is royalty-free
.map source is under the GPLv2
You can get older releases here
, at the Mercenaries Guild map repository.