Post your Admin rules and Server rules here. Server owners and admins can pick and choose the best to make there own set of rules.
If this has allready been posted, i aoplogise
Server: atomreaktor #2, #5 and #6
Website/forum: http://www.atomreaktor.netTremulous Admin rules for the Atomrektor Servers
The main goal for admins is to keep the game running and to make it enjoyable for every player. You are the nice guy/girl working in the background, preparing the ground for a nice game. You are helpful, cool and friendly.
As an admin it is you job to make decisions. As an advanced/good admin you make the right decicion. So don't be afraid of making a wrong decision, this happens all the time (allthough it shouldn't). Just make a decision and stand for it. Improve your admin skills like you improve your player skills.
Admins work at best as a team, just like players. Always
support your fellow admins on the server. Do not interfere in your fellow admins decisions. Do not criticize or discuss their actions in public.
Use your admin rights sparingly. Please act with courtesy towards normal players: being an admin does not mean you are more important than any UnnamedPlayer. !putteam
This command is only allowed for:
- Moving yourself to the spectators.
- Moving an AFK player to the spectators.
- Balancing the teams by number when nobody will do so voluntarily. As an admin, you are expected to move yourself before another player in this situation, out of common courtesy. Also note that this does not apply to the end of match scenario where teams will, of course, not be balanced.
- When requested and agreed upon by most of those present. In this case, the choice of player should be random to prevent offense.
This should be used only when a player is definitely no longer in the game: note that settings changes (such as resolution) can produce this effect for several seconds. Always ensure that the player is really gone to avoid removing all their funds in mid-game. !kick
Kicking a player incurs a 30-minute ban and should be used for:
- Removing spectators from a full server (warning them first in case they are not AFK.)
- Removing players who are behaving maliciously in the game after you have warned them.
- Removing players for saying inappropriate things is allowed in rare circumstances, like racism, anti-semitism or homophobia. It is advised, however, that you rely on your own good judgment.
- Intentional Team Killing.
- Intentional Deconning of vital structures, such as the Overmind/Reactor.
- Intentional Deconning of many structures.
- cheating, e.g. aimbotting, wallhacking. Always spectate a suspicious player and record a demo before kicking him/her. If in doubt, consult a fellow admin. If still in doubt, do not kick him/her.
Always provide a good reason for a kick.!ban
Bans should be used in more extreme cases, such as:
- Removing a player who has been warned for their malicious behavior.
- Some cases of repeated rudeness warrant a short "cool-off" ban.
- Removing a player who underruns your actions by disconnecting/reconnecting
- The length of bans is left to your discretion. Do not adjust or remove other admins bans without agreeing it with them first.
- Always provide a good reason for a ban.
Muting is allowed in cases of:
- Rudeness to other players
- Constant, needless repetition.
- Turning the game into a chatroom and disrupting play.
Please keep in mind, that some players like to swear in the heat of the moment. So show some patience. !rename
Rename should only be used for:
- Giving an UnnamedPlayer a proper player name.
- Renaming players who show religious, cultural, or racially intolerant terminology or use 'hidden advertising' in their player name.
- Yourself or someone who requests it.
Use for hurrying the up end-game (if no-one is talking), if there are players who do not know to ready themselves. Use sparingly. Since we do not encourage chatting during a game, the brief period of time at the end of a match is the perfect time to allow this. !cancelvote and !passvote
Use !cancelvote to stop kickvotes that come without provided reasons, spamvotes and senseless votes.
be used to force your will on the majority. Let the majority of players decide most matters. Your admin status does not make your vote any more important than that of an UnnamedPlayer.
===Server rules for the Atomreaktos Servers
- just be nice, play the game, use your common sense and everything will be fine
- valid languages are english and german. Admins will talk mostly in english, because they want to be understood by everyone. Players come from every region of the planet and english is the language of the internet. We stronly recommend to speak english
- be polite. No flaming or insulting. We won't kick you for a single swearing in the heat of the moment. But don't overdo things
- deconning, teamkilling, spamming or cheating will end up in a kick or even a ban
- follow admin orders and don't take actions against them
- do not ask for admin rights
- if you feel offended by some players words or actions, please contact an admin
- if you need help, ask in public chat. But don't overdo things. We prefer answering questions in the forum