Edit 2008-04-30: Beta 3 released
Updated to beta 4 because of a missing flare texture.
Beta 4 : Filefront,
Beta 3 Download: Mirror, Filefront
Thanks to Kory for mirror
- Raised the sky so that players can get onto the top of the buildings.
- Grated up most of the water in the sewers to facilitate player movement.
- Widened and clipped several halls and doorways to make map navigation less frustrating.
- A few layout changes, especially near human base.
- Several aesthetic changes, though I'm holding off on some of the detailing until I get word on how the important gameplay changes in this version work out.
Hopefully this version will fix a lot of the issues that made beta 2 a frustrating and definitely not-so-perfect map. Hopefully the next release will be final.
The gamma was upped in these, they might look too bright to some. They look wildly different depending on which monitor I'm using.
This is a map I've been working on for the past few months. My objective was to create something different and have fun in the process. It's called 1984. Originally, it was supposed to be inspired by Orwell's book. However, it didn't really turn out that way.
There is a lot of cratespam. I didn't have much choice because the outside is so wide-open, I had to compensate.
Beta 2 download: http://files.filefront.com/map+1984b2pk3/;8619913;/fileinfo.html