* July 29, 2014, 10:41:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come Chat with us live! Learn how HERE!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Nobody (tl;dr at bottom)  (Read 741 times)
KwontumPhyzix

Turrets: +0/-1

« on: July 07, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »

I'm sure many of you have met PCNobody before. For those who haven't, he is a newbie to tremulous that shitbuilds every game, gets denybuilded every game, spams his binds, gets muted, bleeds/TKs player who called said denybuild/mute vote, and gets kicked.

Normally a player would learn his/her lesson after numerous punishments, but the problem is that PCNobody repeats his offenses again and again, defending them and has no desire to learn from his mistakes. I'm posting this thread because I'd like to know how to deal with a repeat offender and if anything can be done about him.

Building: This is probably what he is most infamous for. Of course there's the usual floor trappers, but there's also acid tube/cade spam, wasting BP on shitty useless forwards. The first time I saw him was on ATCS, when he was building floor trappers and spamming cades and tubes. I called a vote to denybuild him and he claimed that "Im not a noob builder, i started playing 2 days ago!".

On brindus, the usual situation happened again. He shitbuilt, got denybuilded, TK'd, and almost got kicked if F50 wasn't so merciful.

Once, on niveus, he built an awful forward in red room, wasting all our BP on badly placed cades/tubes/eggs so that we didn't have ANY BP to build a booster at s2, so I asked to TK the fwd for BP for booster, and did. As I did, he almost bled me to death. He then got a kick vote that passed, and came back right after the 5 minute ban was up, and tried to restore his building rights and failed, and started complaining about why he shouldn't be denybuilded.

Another instance on niveus: when all of alien base had been relocated to window room except OM, I asked where it was and if anybody could move it. With all of our base in window room, PCNobody, without warning, moved the OM to 4door, was denybuilded and *shockingly* lost us the game.

Bleed/TK: Usually this is paired with instances of him getting denybuilded/muted. He apparently thinks 'he denybuilded me!' is a justified reason to TK a player (usually the one who called the vote).

Bind Spam: First of all, shame on whoever taught this bastard how to make say/say_team binds. They're not even useful ones either. When playing with him, it's a constant flood of "GT-PAZUZU IS AN ADMIN ABUSER!!!!!!!", "ALL DO F1", "ALL DO F2", "Evil", and my personal favorite, which he (ironically) spams right before a mute vote is about to pass, "PLEASE, I SWEAR I WONT DO IT AGAIN", or something like that.

What I'm asking is how do we deal with this? Usual punishments don't work. He comes back right after a kick, he spams binds all the time, regardless of his mutes, he TKs and bleeds after being kicked earlier, he STILL builds even though he is a complete noob and is unwilling to learn (when I first met him, I actually tried to teach him proper building techniques, but the stubborn idiot stood his ground, claiming that I was the noob builder, and nothing was wrong with his building). So, what to do?

tl;dr PCNobody is a repeat mute/kick/denybuild offender that never learns. wat do
kharnov
Spam Killer

Turrets: +46/-790

I AM VERY FIRM

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:35:30 PM »

I think this should probably be in Official Servers since he only plays on US Main, but whatever.

Yeah, basically everything that Kwontum said is true. At first we tried to be helpful to PCNobody and we wanted to help him become accustomed to the game. Sadly, he has turned out to be a stubborn idiot and a spammer. I've lost track of how many times the administration has had to calm him down forcefully.

On the other hand, I think it will be positively hilarious if someone teaches him how to go on the forums.
KwontumPhyzix

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 10:48:47 PM »

On the other hand, I think it will be positively hilarious if someone teaches him how to go on the forums.

If someone does, make sure to show him my essay, I can't wait to see his reaction. Probably something along the lines of

Angry Shocked Sad Huh? Armoury Trapper Medstat Turret Grenade Grenade Grenade Grenade Grenade Angry derpderpderp Evil
Pazuzu

Turrets: +50/-12

GRANGER IS NOT FOR MEME.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »

I think this should probably be in Official Servers since he only plays on US Main, but whatever.

Yeah, basically everything that Kwontum said is true. At first we tried to be helpful to PCNobody and we wanted to help him become accustomed to the game. Sadly, he has turned out to be a stubborn idiot and a spammer. I've lost track of how many times the administration has had to calm him down forcefully.

He seems to "like" me in particular. My main beef with him is the spam, and he doesn't seem to know what the word means. That bind about me abusing is because of all the times I've had to mute him (after a minimum of three warnings each time), but really, who here wants their chat clogged up with "UR MOM" or "AH I DIED" or "U BIIIITCH!!!" spam?
If that doesn't sound so bad, consider this: he says something inane every time he dies.
And he dies a lot.
Still, for better or worse, he's an integral part of US1. If he was banned, it just wouldn't be the same. The guy has character. He's not Iabz, but nobody but Iabz is Iabz.
And I second getting him a forum account. We're slacking on our forum-drama quota. Grin
EDIT: The least he can do it get my name right- it's Pazazu now. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:54:10 PM by Pazuzu » Logged

ok, can you give me the tool thingy app that can code?
KwontumPhyzix

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:09:54 PM »

He seems to "like" me in particular. My main beef with him is the spam, and he doesn't seem to know what the word means. That bind about me abusing is because of all the times I've had to mute him (after a minimum of three warnings each time), but really, who here wants their chat clogged up with "UR MOM" or "AH I DIED" or "U BIIIITCH!!!" spam?
If that doesn't sounds bad, consider this: he says something inane every time he dies.
And he dies a lot.
Still, for better or worse, he's an integral part of US1. If he was banned, it just wouldn't be the same. The guy has character. He's not Iabz, but nobody but Iabz is Iabz.
And I second getting him a forum account. We're slacking on our forum-drama quota. Grin
EDIT: The least he can do it get my name right- it's Pazazu now. Tongue

I agree Pazazu, he does have a loveable oaf personality at times when he's not raising hell.

but he still needs the theoretical perma-denybuild.

I would really like to meet him in real life, seems like an interesting* person!

*see: borderline mental retardation
1337-Kynes

Turrets: +105/-2

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 12:28:26 AM »

He is probably very young, and lacking supervision. If he was less active, he wouldn't be nearly as annoying.

What do you get. When combine. Deuterium pellet. Terrawatt laser.
And primitive Earth leader from Asian steppes.
ANSWER.
KHAN. FUSION.
RAKninja-Decepticon

Turrets: +14/-679

:dretch: :basilisk: :tyrant: and Decepticon

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 04:27:04 AM »

He is probably very young, and lacking supervision. If he was less active, he wouldn't be nearly as annoying.
i dont know.  i think i've seen him do a not-good-but-not-shit build before.  i find his global chat hilarious when he plays human.

the team binds must be something new, he wasent using such last game i played with him.  i'm sure it's annoying, but no more so than any number of more "established" players who do it at least as bad.

he's not too big of a problem, so long as he doesent get out of sight.i cant really recall any games he's lost the team while i was on that would have a different outcome if he was not shitbuilding.

then again, he's never pulled a stunt like a 4 door OM when it needed to be in window while i was on, either.

Note 4: The best, although not always easiest, way to deal with trolls is thus: do not respond at ALL in the thread.
Main Rules
4.) No spamming or advertising (includes useless multi-posts and bumps.)
6b.) Do NOT harass other members.
  6c.) Do NOT troll!
Winnie the Pooh

Turrets: +45/-85

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 08:02:29 AM »

Another instance on niveus: when all of alien base had been relocated to window room except OM, I asked where it was and if anybody could move it. With all of our base in window room, PCNobody, without warning, moved the OM to 4door, was denybuilded and *shockingly* lost us the game.

I can testify that this is for realio. I was there.

I also realize that this is the internet, but even more so this is the forum for a video game on an internet, then even beyond that this is TREMULOUS forums the Satan version of all video game forums for a video game that is ON the internet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: