* July 24, 2014, 12:59:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come Chat with us live! Learn how HERE!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloning uvmaps.  (Read 2611 times)
m4gnificent_b4st4rd

Turrets: +10/-1

« on: November 11, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »

I was experimenting with giving meshes multiple uvmaps in Blender and cloning textures between them (kind of like cloning in photoshop/gimp, but 3D). I imported the marine's head model, which had the the top left texture to start with. I tweaked the meshwork a bit and gave it a full wrap uvmap instead, then cloned the texture across, resulting in the middle left image.

I then grabbed a picture of angelina jolie from google image, did a huge amount of tweaking on the mesh and then made a third, frontal uvmap which I mapped to the picture of her face. I then cloned from the original skin and the new angelina skin to form a composite image which is the one in the bottom left and the main pic.

Pretty good fun, but sadly my skills with airbrushing aren't good enough to complete the job. Maybe I should treat myself to a wacom.  Cheesy

I never liked to do anything simple when I can do it ass backwards.
iRa`

Turrets: +17/-4

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »

wow gj Smiley
m4gnificent_b4st4rd

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »

Trust me, it's easy when you know how.  Smiley

Check out this tutorial.

mooseberry
Community Moderators

Turrets: +666/-325

Hello.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 03:14:16 AM »

Nice job, but it would look better if you added some more details to the texture, just like the older one. Get some cheekbones in there.

Bucket: [You hear the distant howl of a coyote losing at Counterstrike.]

मैं हिन्दी का समर्थन

~Mooseberry.
m4gnificent_b4st4rd

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:53:36 AM »

mooseberry - I agree. I did try doing that, but I just ended up with a smudgy mess. I think I'll look for some gimp/photoshop tutorials on this kind of thing and see if I can apply those techniques here.

Demolution

Turrets: +157/-64

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 03:01:55 PM »

Just add some peach fuzz.  Cheesy

Clan [AC] - For all your air conditioning needs please visit: http://s1.zetaboards.com/AC_NoS/index/
my brain > your brain.
and i am VERY stupid.
Nux

Turrets: +257/-69

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:40:33 AM »

Well the fairer sex has fairer skin, so you don't need to add too much detail. Maybe just shade around the jaw and add a smidge of blush and you'll be fine.

Then you might want to cartoonify her up a bit lest you want her to out-real her man-counterpart.

mooseberry
Community Moderators

Turrets: +666/-325

Hello.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 07:06:27 PM »

Also the "inner face" is lighter than the outer part, adjusting the tones and blending the colors better would result in a more realistic face, not the sort of detail to no detail look you have now.

Just advice. Hope you continue this.

Bucket: [You hear the distant howl of a coyote losing at Counterstrike.]

मैं हिन्दी का समर्थन

~Mooseberry.
m4gnificent_b4st4rd

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »

I gave up on trying to airbrush the texture and decided to do it in a more ass-backwards way. I figured I could use texture baking in Blender to put the shading on instead. First I opened up the texture in gimp and airbrushed out all the detail to eliminate any existing shadows, loaded the featureless texture onto it, surrounded it with a ring of lights and baked the lighting into the texture. The result is a bit jagged and triangulated, but I reckon if I make a normal map I can smooth it out a bit. Here's a before and after shot.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: