* April 17, 2014, 03:27:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come Chat with us live! Learn how HERE!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: }MG{ Mercenaries Guild }MG{  (Read 122471 times)
PIE

Turrets: +96/-52

それは価値があることを期待します。

« on: July 13, 2006, 05:40:26 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________________________________________________ ____________
MORE REC SYSTEM CHANGES
Continue to e-mail your recs to mercenariesguild@hotmail.com.

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATION LISTED ON THE SITE IF YOU WANT TO RECOMMEND SOMEONE.
The biggest announcement is due to the questionable way some recs have been coming in recs may only be given by members currently. Also, while not against the rules, some members do not like it when you beg them for recs, so please keep that in mind. You can bring attention to yourself, but do not hassel them please. We have many active members you should be able to find and play with, without a lot of searching and trouble, so this should not pose a major problem for anyone, and will help ensure that we remain a very high quality clan.

AUTOMATED REC COMING SOON THANKS TO DAVID!
FORUM/EMAI/IRC
All members need to try to participate in the forums. The future of }MG{ is being shaped, don't miss your chance to put in your thoughts!
www.mercenariesguild.net/forum
Also, now all members have an e-mail account @mercenariesguild.net hosted by gmail. Log into the forum for details on how to log in.

ALSO, IRC is booming. Please join us at
irc.quakenet.org
#mercenariesguild

SERVERS + STATS!
We now have
}MG{ mercenariesguild.net Central
Thanks to Tuple (often running beta maps)
}MG{ South
Thanks to Khalsa (Running unlagged)
and ocassionally the 4 slot
}MG{ Valhalla
Thanks to Odin

We are also going to be running DASPRiD's tremstats on all servers. Link to that will be coming along shortly.

zeta

Turrets: +2/-0

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 06:32:09 PM »

sweet ass idea

i think that this will maybe comb out some of the noobs

now u just need to get them from in games

cuz almost no noobs post on forums..

oh and if you a noob sry for calling u one, but thats the only word to describe u, and u can become a master just work hard and dont quit.

img]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/6568/mysig0va.jpg[/img]
trigger happy

Turrets: +0/-0

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 02:29:24 AM »

Sounds like an interesting idea Smiley .

ttp://www.antidrm.org
Never get between a goon and my chaingun.
Danger! Do not feed the dretches.
Ace07

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 07:38:19 PM »

I always liked PIE.  Its so tasty, and that is a great idea.  If only I was eating pie while reading this wonderful idea...then I'd be golden.
Howitzer

Turrets: +0/-1

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 12:22:23 AM »

Exactly what i'm looking for Cheesy
Where do you live and on what servers do you intend to play?

PIE

それは価値があることを期待します。

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 04:19:09 AM »

This right now is pretty much concept until I have more time to organize things, such as a site and servers for us to play on.
The reason why i posted this right now is to put the idea out there and see if anyone might want to join, or offer support in some way(such as a server). It also can be used to form pick-up teams for the ladder/tournament system.

So if you want to join.. write that you want to join, and then once a few people have have played with you can verify your not a bad apple you can put the tag in your name and you'll be notified of the progress of the clan.. such as when we get a site or a server to play on...

In the future Id like to have some kind of system where you could get an account on the clan's website and people could log on and write something about you either in favor or against and once you get enough in favors you could be in. I have a lot to do this summer.. but I might actually be able to get the whole website thing finished by august..

Captain Ventris

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 11:17:17 PM »

I always try to help people. I'll join!
Pie Puncher

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 08:50:38 AM »

I will join pie. I always try and help also i don't swear or decon also do you think spawn killing is wrong?
Howitzer

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 11:46:47 AM »

Okay, i'll join aswell Smiley

Mikiupdown2

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 12:19:26 PM »

Hello, I am getting a Virtual Private Server later today / some time this week. This could be used to host the website.

You could have;

200mb space.
8gb bandwidth per month.
Unlimited subdomains
Support for your own domain (but you would have to register it)
FTP / SSH access
Support for PHP, mySQL (30 databases), CGI, ASP, Perl, Frontpage Extensions.

The 200mb space and 8gb bandwidth ARE flexible.

Lemme know what you think.

P.S. I have some experiance with PHP and could make a site. It may need some improving, but I could make the basic layout.

EDIT: Turns out I'm getting hosting on the 1st of August.
Captain Ventris

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 12:12:28 AM »

So,  when do we start giving reccomendations?
StVald

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 02:38:59 AM »

Im no master trem player, but I have picked up a few tricks. Sad part is the moves I learned came hard. Not many people willing to teach them. To fill that void Id love to join }MG{.

color=red]}MG{[/color] MERCENARIES GUILD
zeta

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 04:40:59 AM »

Best Moves for a dretch at S2

make sure u got a booster, if u dont have one go and try and get a kill but die xD become a grange and make one nearest posible to fight

grab dretch get the booster poison, head at biggest crowd of people and just touch everyone to poison em all, if ure luky one of them who has low HP wont use a medipack, and u will get a kill and a evo point xD!!!

ok another, always aim for feet, once u touch there feet just JUMP, if u bite there feet then there head there dead, this one is really ez if the people are in a corner

ok another one, if a BS is just sittin there go and jump on his head and just sit there, u will deal massive damage to him,best in a corner again!(if someone is in a corner head for them unless they got a chaingun xD)

posibly even killing him, and if ure goon friend finishes him off u will recieve evo for doing most damage

Best tip ever, DONT BE AFRIAD TO DIE AS A DRETCH, u dont loose ANYTHING!!

but dont feed xD

Howitzer

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 12:58:55 PM »

Also, as dretch, when heading for feet, LOOK UP

PIE

それは価値があることを期待します。

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 05:42:12 PM »

@Pie Puncher
Sorry.. you can't join because i hate your name... :p.. j/k.. I'm sort of indifferent to spawn killing. I don't support it really, but its not something that i would vote to kick someone for.. its part of the game as far as i see it..

@Mikiupdown2
I actually have a connection Wink.. I think what I can get set up for free through that connection will be good for now.. if I ever think i'll need that space or bandwidth later on down the line we'll see if your still up for it.
I do a lot of PHP sites, and i'm working on a CMS framework of my own i'd like to see if i can apply to the site... If my window starts to close for time to work on it (about aug 1-Aug 22nd) I might be up for some help.

SO!.. anyone played with any of these people?:
Captain Ventris
Pie Puncher
Howitzer
StVald

You can PM me with good or bad experiences if you don't want to post them here.

Howitzer

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 06:20:23 PM »

Let's agree on a server and a (GMT) time so we can meet!
Nothing better then experiencing the actual play playing style live. Smiley

Mikiupdown2

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 06:33:56 PM »

Quote from: "PIE"

@Mikiupdown2
I actually have a connection Wink.. I think what I can get set up for free through that connection will be good for now.. if I ever think i'll need that space or bandwidth later on down the line we'll see if your still up for it.
I do a lot of PHP sites, and i'm working on a CMS framework of my own i'd like to see if i can apply to the site... If my window starts to close for time to work on it (about aug 1-Aug 22nd) I might be up for some help.

SO!.. anyone played with any of these people?:
Captain Ventris
Pie Puncher
Howitzer
StVald

You can PM me with good or bad experiences if you don't want to post them here.

Ok, kool.

I've had a few experiances with the players;

Pie Puncher - I'm not going to leave any comments on his play becuase they would be a bit biased (frends with him in "real life").

Captain Ventris - I seen him in a game yesterday. I was spectating him for a little while. He was a "good all rounder". When I was spectating, I found myself thinking "Wow, this dude got some good skills".

Howitzer - Not seen him play (yet).

StVald - I'm sure him and Captain Ventris were on the same game (and team if my memory is correct). I'm sure they were fighting for a position at one point.
I did not spectate StVald for long. But he seems to have similar skills to Cpt. Ventris.

EDIT: Can I join too?  Cheesy

BTW: Anyone thinking they havnt seen me in game, you probably have. I change my username regularly. It has been: An Alien, George Dubya Bush, Miki
and it's now: Bill Gates (which I'm probably gonna stick with)
Juno

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 08:12:33 PM »

i dont mind joining and helping out  Cool
wasp

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 05:42:04 AM »

How will this change people's expectations of me?
I'll join if this is not too hard

Some stuff about me:
I'm always wasp
I'm usually on |SST| TREMULOUS (y'know, the server with max of 50)
I'm a semi noob. I've been playing since digg had a link.  I now usually score in the top 5 or so for humans (if i'm in at the start)  I always try to be human (I suck at alien).  I try to apologize whenever i get a team kill or destroy a turret.  I will shoot deconers.

Please let me in.  I can both help noobs and be helped as a noob.
thx

errabite3+trem [at] gmail [dot] com - email
Terrabite3 - AIM
PIE

それは価値があることを期待します。

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 06:37:48 AM »

@howitzer
Yeah.. it might be nice to just get everyone that wants to join in a server and we can play around.. Don't need to impress, you just have to be nice Smiley.. Get a feel for things... we need new people who want to learn as well!

My time is a bit limited though, but i'm sure everyone has their bad spots. I'd like to organize maybe a few times when we could just show up on a public server maybe. I don't think we need to really get a locked one just for this kind of thing, those will be handy later on for practice, but an open environment will be good for watching how people interact in a normal game.

@Wasp
Not hard at all!

I'm going to put a list up top, if you haven't already noticed, to track who wants to join and confirmations. The confirmation requirement is sort of lax now since things are small and its going to be easy to root out people who don't fit.

ALSO, wasp reminded me! Please list some servers you like to play on!

Sort of thinking a }MGR{ (mercenaries guild recruit) tag might come in handy for keeping an eye out for people who need reccomendations in game... So if you want to join you can throw that up there and people will know to post about you here later on... anyone that has read this thread that is..
^1}MG^5R^1{
Of course this is one option, might not work for people in other clans/tags.. so check the list if you want to help out. Thanks!

Juno

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 11:06:52 AM »

i can recommend howitzer

his marauder skills pwn  Tongue
Howitzer

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 12:49:26 PM »

They do?, always thought i was mediocre with (adv) mara :p

And i'm adding the ^1{MG^5R^1} tag to my name.
Maybe Juno can join too?

(Also, i'm around a lot on irc.quakenet.org #tremulous)

Pie Puncher

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 03:12:57 PM »

I am normally on the map atcs I'm not great but can get a decent amount of kills.

Also came up with name before i knew u pie
PIE

それは価値があることを期待します。

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 03:16:36 PM »

Yeah.. its neat if your really good... but skill isn't the requirement really.
I could be better myself. If I can open a door so someone can shoot an acid tube, or pop in a deep grenade at personal risk, or be the one that jumps over the turrets so everyone turns around moments before the tyrants start ripping the turrets up... I end up having as good a time as if i kill everyone on the other team singlehandedly.

StVald

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 04:26:11 PM »

Before I get into all of this, I'd like to say I play alot on the SST server, and AKKA when it was up.

As an alien I can usually make to the top 3 in the kill counter if I play the game from the start of the level. But those kills mostly come from playing as a dretch or tyrant... I really need some pointers on other classes like mara and dragoon (esp dragoon, humans seem to outrun me quick. Im guessing dragoons shouldn't chase their prey?).

As a dretch, the best tactics I can offer include:
-zig zaging your way up ramps or corridors when there are humans at the top/end shooting at you. Human aim can't keep up with dretch movement, and most humans will actually try to keep up, wasting bullets and messing up their aim.

-Along with the zig zagging, when you approach the human for an attack, always try to curve your self to their side and then jump. If you go head on, you will be directly in their line of fire and they can gun you down in mid air because you can't dodge anymore.

As a human I have been mostly playing as a builder (because human building is so crucial... and lots of people mess it up). I can get a decent amount of kills on offense, but I need more practice. I esp need to find a way to defeat dretches with just a machine gun. I have been trying diff things, like aiming down and firing, but the dretches are able to swirve around me pretty quick.

On human offense:
-I haven't tried this out yet, but im guessing this is the way people like Bloody get so many kills. Instead of trying to follow the movement of aliens, esp dretches, with your targeting reticle, let them "fall" into your target. Just stay calm, backpeddle to give you room, and they'll cross your target a few times for sure. Since you are not focusing on following them, you can focus on the exact moment they are crossing the target and thats when you fire.

-I have been able to take out many tyrants in 1 on 1 combat with weak weapons by using my environment. Tyrants are huge and not very agile. They can move fast, for example run up the stairs straight at you, but you're the only one who can jump off the rails onto the ground below, all the while shooting at the tyrant. Also, you can fit into small nooks and cranies taht tyrants could never dream of doing. My fave is slipping by under some stairs and luring the tyrant towards me.... they get stuck by the stairs, while you are clear to shoot them!

color=red]}MG{[/color] MERCENARIES GUILD
PIE

それは価値があることを期待します。

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 04:34:14 PM »

How i get dretches is to try to force them to come at you a certain way.
If you can make them come straight, you have them, just line up a few shots.
If you can get them to come through a door, a lot of the time they will be pretty easy to hit as well. DOORS are a MUST when dealing with multiple dretches. Get them all to one side of you and run backwards through a door.
On another note.. RUN BACKWARDS!..  straight line is easy way to catch up with someone if your a dretch, if you run backwards while shooting at them, and they are zig zagging they will not catch you. A lot of the time they will try to go straight to catch up and then you have them!

As far as tyrants... stay away from them and if they get close, try to strafe around them.. don't let them line you up in front, or your toast.

zeta

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 04:59:07 PM »

thing about tyrents is, they are EZ as hell to dodge, unless is a pro player

u just keep running around and shooting it and if u ever see ANY alien on the run its because he has low HP RUN AFTER HIM and kill him because it will be ez credits

Captain Ventris

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 05:48:50 PM »

I play almost exclusively on SST.
zeta

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 07:39:21 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Ventris"
I play almost exclusively on SST.

that shit made me laugh  Cheesy

Juno

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 08:24:15 PM »

im not to bad

( 20-40 kills and in the top 3, and usually aliens win) when playing a less experienced team that has 3 pro players and not so pros

but i can hold my own against pro players - ask napkin about the draw on arachnid the other day - another note, im usually on aliens wrath, but will go on  servers with the lowest ping

at s1 with a dretch ill get about 5 kills, then probably be a goon. if the humans are constantly attacking its easy to rack up kills and evo points - s2 hits ill stay a goon or be an ad mara and probably attack the base or chase down attackers, and do my best to pic out the un amoured players, as im not pro with goons or maras

when s3 hits, well its easy to rack up the kills . tyrants pwn. i need to improve my mara and goon against s2 and 3 tho

EDIT - added the tag to my name
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: