* July 24, 2014, 07:24:31 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come Chat with us live! Learn how HERE!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I create a tremulous server that I can add bots to??  (Read 13105 times)
DraZiLoX

Turrets: +24/-24

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »

You have to put it to your qvm i think. Then compile it. Say if im wrong.

Ytram

Turrets: +3/-1

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »

You have to put it to your qvm i think. Then compile it. Say if im wrong.
Sounds about right. Kiwi already made one.

- Insert Signature Here -
Bissig

Turrets: +103/-131

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 03:20:17 PM »

As I understand it, server does not read autogen.cfg

autogen.cfg is client-side only.

|MoT|Erfe555

Turrets: +2/-4

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 03:53:37 PM »

You need to create a local server so.
You can use the bots only with a specific qvm.
You should use the Invasion qvm with the MG Client.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:56:12 PM by |MoT|Erfe555 » Logged
Kiwi

Turrets: +29/-9

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 09:48:53 PM »

Ok, I uploaded my qvm to here.  But its for linux os.  What operating system did you use?  I hope it works.  Let me know if it doesn't. Wink
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:38:24 AM by Kiwi, Reason: typo » Logged

Archangel
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 09:54:09 PM »

QVMs are OS independent
Kiwi

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 11:40:15 AM »

QVMs are OS independent
Shocked I didn't know that.  But now that I think about it, it does make sense.  Thanks, good to know.

Archangel
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 12:13:25 PM »

Game.qvmwiki
> Quake Virtual Machine

It's interpreted bytecode. You can build (faster) binary libraries, which I typically do, but a QVM can be distributed.
Kiwi

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 02:52:11 PM »

Yeah, it makes sense.  Thanks! Cheesy

riderrocker

Turrets: +0/-3

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 07:33:44 PM »

Yeah, thanks, the qvm you uploaded fixed the turret damage and the spawning delay, but stuff still builds instantly. Maybe I just need to compile my own qvm.
Kiwi

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 11:16:43 PM »

Yeah, thanks, the qvm you uploaded fixed the turret damage and the spawning delay, but stuff still builds instantly. Maybe I just need to compile my own qvm.
Stuff still builds randomly sounds like marked deconen... aka ''e'' says when you build something new then decon this.  So add
Code:
set g_markDeconstruct 0
to your server.cfg

I had this same problem with the pbot qvm. Cheesy

Zordos

Turrets: +0/-0

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 01:43:53 AM »

I keep getting "permission denied" when trying to add bots.  I use windows and do not know if the qvm that I am using for ambush bot is Linux or Windows or if that even makes a difference.  Anyone know.  I did put in the rcon password.
Archangel
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 02:30:46 AM »

QVMs are OS independent
Kiwi

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 11:03:02 AM »

I keep getting "permission denied" when trying to add bots.  I use windows and do not know if the qvm that I am using for ambush bot is Linux or Windows or if that even makes a difference.  Anyone know.  I did put in the rcon password.
It could be that you didn't give yourself permission to add bots in you admin.dat.  Try:
Code:
/rcon [your rcon] !bot add bot aliens
If that works, then you need to add permissions in you admin.dat.  To do that you should open you admin.dat and add z to the line that corresponds with your level.  Here is a quick explanation of an admin.dat and some default flags.  You just need to add z to the levels you want to use !bot.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:24:30 AM by Kiwi, Reason: typo » Logged

Zordos

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2009, 09:52:21 PM »

Now I get:  "Bad corpseNum on corpse entity: -1"  "RE- shutdown (0)" and throws me to the main menu.

I will take a look at your link below and see, in the meantime if you think of anything, it would be appreciated.

==========================================================================
It could be that you didn't give yourself permission to add bots in you admin.dat.  Try:
Code:

/rcon [your rcon] !bot add bo1 aliens

If that works, then you need to add permissions in you admin.dat.  To do that you should open you admin.dat and add z to the line that corresponds with your level.  Here is a quick explanation of an admin.dat and some default flags.  You just need to add z to the levels you want to use !bot.

Zordos

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2009, 10:29:31 PM »

Now I am able to add the bots, finally, thanks to you Kiwi!  However, they do not do anything, just sit there.  In the ambush map I know the aliens are there because it shows up on the screen, but they must be hiding up in the area you cannot see.  So now....I thought they sort of ambushed you or attacked you.  I am using the qvm and cfg file which I believe took care of that?

Sorry for the pain... Cry
Kiwi

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2009, 01:28:48 AM »

Now I am able to add the bots, finally, thanks to you Kiwi!  However, they do not do anything, just sit there.  In the ambush map I know the aliens are there because it shows up on the screen, but they must be hiding up in the area you cannot see.  So now....I thought they sort of ambushed you or attacked you.  I am using the qvm and cfg file which I believe took care of that?

Sorry for the pain... Cry
Ok, to make the bots ''attack'' you, you need to add paths.  Theres a great guide on creating paths found here.  But you could always test it first, because they released the paths for atcs in that link too.  But then you could turn ambushed mode on.  Ambush mode uses the paths, but adds extra features, you should decide how far you would like to mod your server.  And its no pain at all  Wink

BTW: I just realised that I use double single quotes instead of one double quote for ''attack''.  I've been playing tremulous too long Tongue

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: