* October 22, 2014, 09:40:24 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come Chat with us live! Learn how HERE!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the difference of tremded and tremulous  (Read 11599 times)
CreatureofHell

Turrets: +430/-126

Ash Nazg Durbatulūk, Ash Nazg Gimbatul.

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 08:15:49 PM »

You need a qvm capable of doing that otherwise it won't work
You said it Pal.. Any recommendation? For I know this three: tremulous, tremded, and qvm should be compatible to one another. Well, in your experience perhaps you can share how u did it..

Well I can't remember exactly how I did it and which files I used but I've used this tremulous.exe and this tremded.exe with the PBOT QVM and it worked perfectly.

{NoS}StalKer
<Timbo> posting on the trem forums rarely results in anything good
Archangel
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 08:17:12 PM »

he is on linux
iamnewbie

Turrets: +2/-1

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 11:50:34 PM »

Yup! I am using Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10 amd64 platform.
CreatureofHell

Turrets: +430/-126

Ash Nazg Durbatulūk, Ash Nazg Gimbatul.

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2009, 08:26:19 AM »

he is on linux

I realised that, I was just trying to help to the best of my capabilities.

{NoS}StalKer
<Timbo> posting on the trem forums rarely results in anything good
KillerWhale
Spam Killer

Turrets: +63/-26

I'm a whales

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »

If I recall, Am|ne's bots AND PBots should work with the Trem-Servers client/tremded.

iamnewbie

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 01:41:52 AM »

@CreatureofHell
No problem..Acknowledge

@Killerwhale
Ok thank you so much..I'll try that later..And post what I will found out..Quiet busy right now Cheesy
iamnewbie

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »

@KillerWhale
If I recall, Am|ne's bots AND PBots should work with the Trem-Servers client/tremded.
Given the link there, I already tried that before..Mayb there is a trick to get it done. Or (looking back to our thread from the start) do just the same all over again with this trem's client/server binaries

Actually I already have those files before. And tried it but unfortunately my synaptics becomes unstable. I cant install and uninstall or repair broken packages. For too many times I done and undone. I cant trace back which is which that result to disaster.

I'll backup things before dropping those files. Heheheh lesson learned(it so happen in painful way)
iamnewbie

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 12:32:07 PM »

@KillerWhale
I forgot,did you change the files name to tremulous(client) and tremded(server) or should I leave there name the way it they are.
mooseberry
Community Moderators

Turrets: +666/-325

Hello.

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »

@iamnewbie
There is an edit button for a reason.

Bucket: [You hear the distant howl of a coyote losing at Counterstrike.]

मैं हिन्दी का समर्थन

~Mooseberry.
iamnewbie

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 02:41:25 PM »

OK guys, try to follow what KillerWhale suggested. Here what I did:
1) I DL new client and server programs from Trem-Servers
2) Follow the instructions from  Trem-Servers, the linux for me.
3) Before I replace my tremulous and tremded to Trem's client/server binaries, I renamed my old files as tremded_tjw and tremulous_tjw. I also put PBOT2.8 game.qvm to the /vm folder. Just the same procedure last time that works.
4) cd to my tremded folder and do
      chmod u+x ./tremded
          to make tremded executable
      sudo ./tremded +set dedicated 1 +exec server.cfg
          to run the server
    Now the server is running smooth
   I cd to tremulous client binary and make it executable by doing same thing to tremded
5) I open Application>Games>Tremulous but nothing happens. So I rename again the two file, one that of Tjw and the other that of Trem. So I launched the client by using again the Tjw's client.
6) Join with my local server. As expected the map will start to atcs map. I am expecting to have bots around because I am using the Pbot2.8 game.qvm.
7) Its alright, I use the !bot add robo_name humans/aliens syntax on the console. I also try /bot add robo_name humans/aliens. And play combination but I always got unknown command.

What should I do next. This is the fate I had before. Even before my synaptics crashed. Maybe there is something I still didnt get right. I appreciate all your help guys..Thanks a lot.
David
Spam Killer

Turrets: +249/-273

David

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 03:51:41 PM »

Never ever run any parts of tremulous as root, ever.  You should never run anything as root unless it absolutely has to be.  (Permission denied errors don't necessarily mean it has to be root)

Any maps not in the MG repo?  Email me or come to irc.freenode.net/#mg.
--
My words are mine and mine alone.  I can't speak for anyone else, and there is no one who can speak for me.  If I ever make a post that gives the opinions or positions of other users or groups, then they will be clearly labeled as such.
I'm disappointed that people's past actions have forced me to state what should be obvious.
I am not a dev.  Nothing I say counts for anything.
iamnewbie

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2009, 11:42:18 PM »

@David
I agree to you, there is some security issue using tremulous under root. I still use my local account while in terminal doing things. I dont use root account in terminal. Thanks for the reminder.

But what is the problem why I still have no bot after using the Trem's server, Tjw client (coz trem's client is not working), and PBOT 2.8 game.qvm.

David
Spam Killer

Turrets: +249/-273

David

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 11:53:54 PM »

You are running the server as root, so it'll be looking in ~root for files.
Don't run it as root so it uses the QVM in your home dir.

Any maps not in the MG repo?  Email me or come to irc.freenode.net/#mg.
--
My words are mine and mine alone.  I can't speak for anyone else, and there is no one who can speak for me.  If I ever make a post that gives the opinions or positions of other users or groups, then they will be clearly labeled as such.
I'm disappointed that people's past actions have forced me to state what should be obvious.
I am not a dev.  Nothing I say counts for anything.
iamnewbie

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 12:10:33 AM »

You are running the server as root, so it'll be looking in ~root for files.
Don't run it as root so it uses the QVM in your home dir.

@David
I have a tremded in my home folder. I try the
                    sudo ./tremded +set dedicated 1 +exec server.cfg
to run the server I got the same result. Thanks for pointing this out. Another lesson learned! If you didnt stress it to me, I always use the /usr/lib folder to run the server. What ever you do to others, brings forth karma. It just depend what you did. Good ones, will have positive effect. Bad one, will have negative.

Then I still try to add bot, no luck!
Bissig

Turrets: +103/-131

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 12:55:52 AM »

Why do you sudo to run your server as a user?

iamnewbie

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 01:45:43 AM »

@Bissig
I tried to run the server using ./tremded +set dedicated 1 +exec server.cfg on my /home folder and it plays as well. Thank you for that, another lesson learned.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: