* November 23, 2014, 08:57:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come Chat with us live! Learn how HERE!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New weapons and aliens ideas  (Read 32100 times)
Harke

Turrets: +0/-0

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2006, 06:04:31 AM »

Hey, I like the idea of spiders, or some sort of advanced dretch..., maybe with a grappling attack when a sucessful headshot is landed? Blinding the soldier that it hit until the grapple ends, dealing a single bite during the grapple...

once battlesuits are obtained that wouldn't be effective...so its a blitz-tactic

I like your gun models, and I dont think people realize its easier to show details in an example with more polygons than it is to sit there and make textures all day.
Malicious Goo

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2006, 08:49:01 PM »

I think that Alien Bariccades should be able to grow against doors, and keep them from openening.  In smaller areas, they should form a sort of translucent wall.

ummy Humans
dormedas

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2006, 12:04:24 AM »

An Advanced Dretch. on S2, the Advanced Dretch becomes available, it is free, it does a little bit more damage, maybe 10 more HP, but loses a large chunk of it's speed, but is a little faster than the basilisk.

Any more ideas?

img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9473/dormedas2dq3.png[/img]
[HUN]Eagletooth

Turrets: +5/-0

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2006, 10:52:48 AM »

Got some weapon ideas for humans:

Grenade launcher: This grenade launcher would shoot small frag grenades (much weaker than normal grenades)... You have to aim ballistically like with adv goon... At the armoury you can buy some additional ammo to the gren. launcher for money, for example smoke charges, napalm grenade, flash grenade...
Of course the grenades it shoots are doing area dmg...

Flak gun: This weapon would be for humans to tech lvl 1 and it would be hard to use (you must learn to use it effectively), and it would be good for medium to long range... It would shoot a small and fast rocket which explodes when reaches the range set up by the user... After that the rocket explodes and does massive damage on medium area... If the small rocket meets the enemy before it reaches the range set up by the firer then the ammo doesnt explodes just does small damage to the opponent... The user must set the range of the missle with the mouse wheel or maybe with the + - buttons, and player must guess when it comes to set the range of the missile... The weapon should be reloaded after 3 missiles and the user could carry maximum 3 missiles+3 in weapon... It would be effective against too early goons and against other camping aliens...

Bayonette: This weapon would be an acessory for some weapons which dont have secondary fire (machinegun, blaster, las gun, pulse rifle), and it would give a secondary fire to that weapon which means a thrust with the knife fixed on the end of the weapons barrel... On hit it would cause 10 damage...

An item: Deployable camera: Players who buy this item would get a small camera which should be deployed at a place... The camera would be sticky and be able to placed on ceilings and hard to see places... The aliens wouldnt be able to see it by their enemy detection ability... After the camera is deployed players can view throuh its optics by using the defence computer and they could switch between cameras, but one def com, could have only 6 cameras connected to it...

img]http://wilhelmrahn.googlepages.com/camp-sky.png/camp-sky-full.jpg[/img]
Karvinen[FIN]

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2006, 10:24:05 AM »

Quote from: "[HUN
Eagletooth"] Got some weapon ideas for humans:

Grenade launcher: This grenade launcher would shoot small frag grenades (much weaker than normal grenades)... You have to aim ballistically like with adv goon... At the armoury you can buy some additional ammo to the gren. launcher for money, for example smoke charges, napalm grenade, flash grenade...

Flak gun: This weapon would be for humans to tech lvl 1 and it would be hard to use (you must learn to use it effectively), and it would be good for medium to long range... It would shoot a small and fast rocket which explodes when reaches the range set up by the user... After that the rocket explodes and does massive damage on medium area... If the small rocket meets the enemy before it reaches the range set up by the firer then the ammo doesnt explodes just does small damage to the opponent... The user must set the range of the missle with the mouse wheel or maybe with the + - buttons, and player must guess when it comes to set the range of the missile... The weapon should be reloaded after 3 missiles and the user could carry maximum 3 missiles+3 in weapon... It would be effective against too early goons and against other camping aliens...

Bayonette: This weapon would be an acessory for some weapons which dont have secondary fire (machinegun, blaster, las gun, pulse rifle), and it would give a secondary fire to that weapon which means a thrust with the knife fixed on the end of the weapons barrel... On hit it would cause 10 damage...

An item: Deployable camera: Players who buy this item would get a small camera which should be deployed at a place... The camera would be sticky and be able to placed on ceilings and hard to see places... The aliens wouldnt be able to see it by their enemy detection ability... After the camera is deployed players can view throuh its optics by using the defence computer and they could switch between cameras, but one def com, could have only 6 cameras connected to it...
-.-  good ideas -.-

i,ive just comed out from underworld and it still pissing me off,i had no legs and i was just swimming on the blood (yuk)
SLAVE|Mietz

Turrets: +2/-0

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2006, 10:26:13 AM »

Quote from: "Karvinen[FIN
"]

-.-  good ideas -.-

dude... think... post... think again... delete that post

Karvinen[FIN]

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 10:29:59 AM »

Quote from: "SLAVE|Mietz"
Quote from: "Karvinen[FIN
"]

-.-  good ideas -.-

dude... think... post... think again... delete that post
why?i just writed that becos they was good posts,but he wasnt doing anything wrong he just writed something,good ideas,but he wasnt writing any alien ideas!

i,ive just comed out from underworld and it still pissing me off,i had no legs and i was just swimming on the blood (yuk)
Epsilon

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2006, 06:37:20 PM »

I think the Rifle is the Assualt Rifle of the game. Howeber, I have an idea:

Cryo-Gun

It fires slow moving blue shots that, when it hits a targer, causes low-moderate damage and restricts movement, and leaves a small blue cloud for a moment that is harmful to those who walk through it. Care must be taken when firing it, like the flamethrower and Lucifer cannon: fireing too often starts to freeze the wielder and restrict his movement, as well as causing a little self-damage.
PIE

Turrets: +96/-52

それは価値があることを期待します。

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2006, 07:18:34 PM »

Quote from: "Epsilon"

Cryo-Gun

It fires slow moving blue shots that, when it hits a targer, causes low-moderate damage and restricts movement, and leaves a small blue cloud for a moment that is harmful to those who walk through it. Care must be taken when firing it, like the flamethrower and Lucifer cannon: fireing too often starts to freeze the wielder and restrict his movement, as well as causing a little self-damage.

This.. might only be good against tryrants, all of the aliens can jump too fast/or run too fast.... and only then would you be freezing them... not killing them.. and with the risk of self-damage.. i think i'd pass this up...

Karvinen[FIN]

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2006, 11:07:40 AM »

Quote from: "PIE"
Quote from: "Epsilon"

Cryo-Gun

This.. might only be good against tryrants, all of the aliens can jump too fast/or run too fast.... and only then would you be freezing them... not killing them.. and with the risk of self-damage.. i think i'd pass this up...
-.- nice gun anyway...

Epsilon

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2006, 04:17:29 PM »

How about this: incendinary grenades. They are purchased like normal fragmentaion grenades (except maybe 50 credits more expensive), and when they explode, they create a blanket of flames.
^Black

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2006, 04:38:16 PM »

Eagletooth"]Got some weapon ideas for humans:

Can you say LAG???
They already tried that in a custom map though...it was laggy as hell.
However, I do like the idea, and maybe if it were part of the entire game it would be more stable.
Howitzer

Turrets: +0/-1

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2006, 06:42:36 PM »

Quote from: "^Black"

Can you say LAG???
However, I do like the idea, and maybe if it were part of the entire game it would be more stable.

What gun/item are you talking about?

kozak6

Turrets: +20/-26

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2006, 12:09:04 AM »

I think he means the camera causing lag or perhaps framerate drops.

I don't like the idea of any more grenades.

The current human grenade is evil enough, thank you.

Thorn

Turrets: +409/-60

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2006, 08:53:56 PM »

are these Mod ideas or trem 2 ideas?

And Karvinen , this aint gloom.no point ripping everything from gloom and sticking it in trem.

Flex
Mr.devil

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »

Rifle Mk2- the same rifle with a drum but a bit slower RoF and has 60 bullets around 75 to 100 credits

Tesla gun- A watered out tesla coil that has extremely short range (like a flamethrower) but does a lot of damage around 600 to 700 credits

Blaster turret- a deployable turret that does not consume power but can only shoot straight ahead and is less powerful than a rifle

Sonic gun- a gun that fires sound blasts that disorientates aliens (like a bastiaks poison gas)
Karvinen[FIN]

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »

Quote from: "Howitzer"
Quote from: "^Black"

Can you say LAG???

What gun/item are you talking about?
dont ask me,only that camera thing is good,if u asking from me

Karvinen[FIN]

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2006, 05:44:32 PM »

Quote from: "Thorn"
are these Mod ideas or trem 2 ideas?

And Karvinen , this aint gloom.no point ripping everything from gloom and sticking it in trem.
it was just fun to put those ideas on,they really owns  Cheesy  :roll:

Thorn

Turrets: +409/-60

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2006, 05:58:04 PM »

are they mod or trem 2 ideas? Yes or No

Flex
Epsilon

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2006, 12:23:28 AM »

How about this?: Mines for humans and Acid Sacks for aliens? Mines do tons of damage to aliens in the area, kinda like grenades, and Acid Sacks also explode when it's proximity is intruded by a human, but it does gradual damage, like the Acid Tubes.
Stakhanov

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2006, 12:46:22 AM »

Mines ? Just THINK before posting... aliens need to destroy the human base to win , how would they do so if humans lay lots of explosive devices around ? Tyrants and dragoons are necessary to get rid of entrenched humans , but a few proxy grenades would mean certain death for them. Mines are effective defensive tools , they are not suitable for Tremulous - human defense is strong enough as is.
[HUN]Eagletooth

Turrets: +5/-0

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2006, 01:38:19 PM »

First of all i dont like that alien players are complaining all the time about human weapons and defences... All sides have nasty things, not only the human team... I could say that, "How i hate the marauder because with the damage of the stage 1 human weapons its hard to kill, because its too mobile, has tonns of hp, and can kill fast..." But i didnt say... So dont say no for a weapon ideas because you suck always from thoose weapons...

I don't like the idea of any more grenades.

The current human grenade is evil enough, thank you.

I dont think so... What does "Evil enough" means for you?
 Firstly its big... so you can see it well
Secondly: You cant throw it far enough,so you have to risk a little and use "throw and run" tactics
Thridly: It has a 5 second timer, and in the heat of combat, 5 second is big time...

On the other hand: It has big damage, 200 i think, but i dont know because i've never experienced a grenade explosion... I've avoided it when i saw the grenade...

So if you dont like grenades because they are balanced, then i can just say that: You arent enough perceptive...

I like the idea of the cryo-gun, and i have upgraded the idea of mines...

Proximity bomb: It would be a stage 2 item and you could buy it from the armoury for 250 cred... It would give you 3 sticky mines... You can throw these mines to the ceiling or the walls... It would have a 3 second time after being used, after this time the bomb is armed, and it would explode when it detects any kind of movement in 3 meter radius...  Yes, it would kill even humans if they go too close... And one piece would deal maybe 150 damage... It would be excellent to hold up aliens, or make tricky traps with it... It would be also good visible and destroyable by shooting or spitting...

Remote detonation charge: This device would look like a bit different from the Proximity bomb... It would be a stage 3 human item, and you could buy it in the armoury for 250 cred. It would give you one piece of explosive... You could stick this explosive to the walls, ceiling like the  Proximity bomb, but this explosive doesnt explodes when someone approaches it... You should detonate it with a detonator, you got when you buy the bomb... It would do maybe 300 damage, in medium radius, and it would be destroyable even with biting, but the aliens wouldnt be able to see it with their enemy detection ability...

img]http://wilhelmrahn.googlepages.com/camp-sky.png/camp-sky-full.jpg[/img]
black adder9

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2006, 02:38:45 PM »

cant you do a option to close down doors(so they cant open) and u wil need to destroy the doors to enter again(good when humans are almost destroed)
but it can only be done whit a vote and all the doors u selected wil close and canot open again(a teamvote wil take place then)

Death On Ice

Turrets: +126/-141

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2006, 05:14:07 PM »

Camo suit for humans-invisible to radar s3
Sword for humans-long range psaw 7ft range maybe? s2
I like the rubber suit but also barb protection?
Invisi Basi for aliens-from tremx s2
i like the firefly idea. But 4 firefly ONLY flamethrower. and make it 5 evo's at s3
War Granger-(LOL)s3 version of granger. With 50hp bite. building and 10hp spitting/2 evo's and moves as fast as a standard s2 granger
techhead

Turrets: +77/-73

I like playing Tremulous, but who here doesn't???

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2006, 08:19:01 PM »

I did like the idea of a Demolition Kit, with a few modifications.
Can place proximity mines and remote mines similar to a Construction Kit.
Only so a couple mines can be placed before going back to armory for more.

Proximity Mine: Self-explanatory, explodes when any alien or non-DemoKit Human is near. That means that it triggers for Grangers and Tyrants alike, so having a free alien detonate it early can be an advantage. Humans can spot it easier with some sort of tag (think the flags in ET), but they can accidently hit them if they are careless.

Remote Detonation Mine: Explodes with right-click, all mines placed by the DemoKit explode simultaneously. Enough said about this.

I thought about the idea of mines malfunctioning if they take enough damage, either defusing or exploding. This way FF can accidently hit them, Dragoon Barbs and Granger Spit can kill Proximity Mines, and Remote Mines can be killed easily if spotted.

I'm playing Tremulous on a Mac!
MGDev fan-club member
Techhead||TH
/"/""\"\
\"\""/"/
\\:.V.://
Copy and paste Granger into your signature!
Matt2k10

Turrets: +11/-8

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2006, 08:32:28 PM »

A pistol with explosive rounds Tongue

janev
Spam Killer

Turrets: +130/-26

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2006, 08:52:01 PM »

christ try destroying a defence oriented human team(a.k.a camping team) with the current stuff they have....

mines-NO, they would kill balance and make camping the strat of choice for humans

Any kind of human weapon that cause disorientation/paralysis-NO, for the same reason mines are a bad idea

Sniper rifles-NO, can you say campathon?

Author of "The quick beginner's guide to playing tremulous"
Founding member of the "undefeated in clanwars since 2006" club and narcissist extraordinaire.

"Your quote-tower trolling reminds me of two dogs fighting over a piece of poo." [c] Ingar
_Equilibrium_

Turrets: +96/-89

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2006, 10:34:41 PM »

isn't the MD basically a sniper rifle?
MiDiaN

Turrets: +1/-0

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2006, 02:10:57 AM »

How about this:
Why not play gloom instead of stealing ideas from them?

Come up with something unique instead of ripping off another mods.

This sux. I miss those times when timbo, norf, overflow, stannum was active here...

GORE!
DIGI_Byte

Turrets: +5/-1

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2006, 02:18:58 AM »

Grenade launcher: Lucy

Flak gun: Shot gun

Bayonette: Electric saw

An item:  HELL NO YOU KNOW HOW CRAP THAT WOULD BE THIS IS TREM NOT SPLINTERCELL

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print