* April 16, 2014, 09:52:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come Chat with us live! Learn how HERE!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: !report  (Read 2758 times)
infestor1

Turrets: +6/-28

o_O

« on: May 26, 2009, 02:19:21 AM »

This will be for my new server. Not for a QVM that I am hoping to release.

This will probably be very complicated, but I am willing to go to almost any lengths to get this operational. I am hoping to create a command to report cheaters, deconners, and abusing admins.

the description of my idea
command: !report
syntax: !report abuse|cheat|decon (PLAYER NAME) How they abused|suspected of what kind of cheating|what they deconned

This command will be able to report any admin abusers, cheaters, and deconners safely without notifying anyone else in game (except if there is an admin in game). Only level 5 admins will be able to read incoming messages. If someone !reports when a level 5 is not online, then the next time the level 5 comes on, they will be able to do !listreports. !listreports will bring up a list of unread reports. The report will have the name of the person reported, and a report ID. Each report has a different ID. Then the admin will do !readreport (ID number). That will show them something like this:

ABUSE REPORT
Player: JOE
ADMIN ABUSE
Reported by: BOB
Description: joe is really mean. he deconned the om then started muting us all.
(LAST 60 seconds of chat before !report)

And since this will be able to report admin abuse, people will be able to use this command as a spectator, and even if they are muted. The next feature will probably be the hardest to make of all. It will show the last 60 seconds of chat before the !report was issued. This log will have all admin activity, all gameplay (who killed who), and ALL admin activity).

Please, if you can only help with one part of this, only help with one. But i need all the help i can get with this, and I have no experience. I want to make my server fun and safe for everyone, and I would need this to make sure that people arent having an unfair gameplay experience.

I hope this command is not too much...

thanks,
Andrew

p.s. the report system could be like the same idea as: /m console

Archangel
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 02:25:28 AM »

already exists more or less
Undeference
Tremulous Developers

Turrets: +122/-45

Ingar and carry on.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 02:56:13 AM »

!report command logs client names, GUIDs, and IPs
Of course, you could do about the same with admin chat and grep—and people won't have to learn a new command. But it's up to you, of course.

Need help? Ask intelligently. If you find a solution on your own, please share it so others can benefit.

Thats what we need, helpful players, not more powerful admins.
Looking for more Tremulous maps?
David
Spam Killer

Turrets: +249/-273

David

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:48:15 AM »

I almost made a !summonadmin that was just an empty admin.dat command block and tail -f on admin.log.  Worked perfectly fine.

Any maps not in the MG repo?  Email me or come to irc.freenode.net/#mg.
--
My words are mine and mine alone.  I can't speak for anyone else, and there is no one who can speak for me.  If I ever make a post that gives the opinions or positions of other users or groups, then they will be clearly labeled as such.
I'm disappointed that people's past actions have forced me to state what should be obvious.
I am not a dev.  Nothing I say counts for anything.
danmal

Turrets: +21/-6

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 07:42:34 AM »

Slacker made something similiar to this I believe. Maybe ask him for his code?
infestor1

o_O

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 11:30:02 PM »

I almost made a !summonadmin that was just an empty admin.dat command block and tail -f on admin.log.  Worked perfectly fine.

Could you send me the code for that?

kevlarman

Turrets: +291/-295

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 12:57:30 AM »

Code:
[command]
name = summonadmin
exec =
levels = 0 1 2 3 4 5
(note: only works with the old admin.dat format, i'm too lazy to look up the new one to replace levels)

Quote from: Asvarox link=topic=8622.msg169333#msg169333
Ok let's plan it out. Asva, you are nub, go sit on rets, I will build, you two go feed like hell, you go pwn their asses, and everyone else camp in the hallway, roger?
the dretch bites.
-----
|..d| #
|.@.-##
-----
infestor1

o_O

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 01:21:42 AM »

Code:
[command]
name = summonadmin
exec =
levels = 0 1 2 3 4 5
(note: only works with the old admin.dat format, i'm too lazy to look up the new one to replace levels)

Whats the use of that?

Undeference
Tremulous Developers

Ingar and carry on.

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 02:52:32 AM »

Code:
[command]
command = summonadmin
exec    =
desc    = summon the admin
flag    = help // assuming "help" is available to everyone

Whats the use of that?
Reread what David said until you understand or until you realize that asking for something when you have no idea what it does is silly.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:31:06 AM by Undeference, Reason: s/name = /command = /, damn you kevlarman » Logged

Need help? Ask intelligently. If you find a solution on your own, please share it so others can benefit.

infestor1

o_O

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 03:36:29 AM »

Code:
[command]
name = summonadmin
exec =
desc = summon the admin
flag = help // assuming "help" is available to everyone

Whats the use of that?
Reread what David said until you understand or until you realize that asking for something when you have no idea what it does is silly.

I have no idea what tail -f is.

Undeference
Tremulous Developers

Ingar and carry on.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 05:14:07 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tail_(Unix)#File_monitoring

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: